But the reason I only picked five is this:
Here's how it's going to work: this post that you're reading? Is the departure lounge. I'm going to link to a couple of other mom bloggers here in Canada, and to a couple of mom bloggers from other countries around the world, and they'll write their posts, sharing 5 things that they love (or maybe what they don't so much love - this playground doesn't force conformity) about being a mom, and then they'll tag a few more bloggers from their own country and from other countries, and so on. And you're more than welcome to join: just write a post of your own (5 things that you love about being a mom) and find someone to link to and tag - someone from your own country, if you like, but definitely someone from another country (Google is a good resource if you don't know any; google any country name and 'mom' in their blog search function) (be sure to let them know that you've tagged them!) - and link back here and leave a comment and we'll add you to the 'itinerary,' which David will compile and post and update as the tour proceeds.
The entire post can be found here:The World According to Mom
I was lucky enough to be tagged by my friend Bonnie who lives in California. I've never ever met her, but I've known her for three years now, if you can believe it. We lead parallel lives sometimes, since our 7 year old daughters seem to go through the same attitude stages and our (almost) 4 year olds both seem to have the same fondness for computers and the alphabet. I love having someone that can relate almost 100% to whatever we are going through in our house at the time. Oh, and her husband is a Sci-fi channel geek himself :P
Anyway, without further ado, here's my 5 reasons I love being a mom.
1. I love all the pretty artwork made from markers and paint and glitter, that's made especially for me, just because I'm mom.
2. I love having a messy fridge filled with a calendar of fun kid activities, appointment reminders, art work, and special magnets. I love how busy and full my life is because I had children who love to get out and do things!
3. I love having an extension of myself, one that brings back memories from when I was a child. Jaina is so much like me when I was a kid. I think her stuffed animal collection rivaled mine!
4. I love watching my children's relationship with each other grow by leaps and bounds every year.
5. And finally, at the top of my list: The Cuddles. Hands down. Nothing beats cuddling your children and pulling them into your arms only to hear their little voice whisper, "I love you mommy."
Okay, and I can't help but to sneak just ONE more in....
6. I love how my kids make me laugh each and every single day. They continually crack me up and are my favorite source of entertainment.
So, why do you love being a mom?
If you want to be tagged on this post, let me know by posting a comment! I'm going to go ahead and tag my friend Katie from Momopoly because this topic is something she often ponders. I'm also going to tag my friend R at Meus Vita because she lives in another country. And my new friends at Peep-Eye because I love their blog and think they might also be someone that can't narrow it down to 5 things.